Friday, February 20, 2009

Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce

I have never used a spaghetti sauce recipe so this is what I dump into mine.

2 lbs lean ground beef (or you can use 1 lb sausage 1lb ground beef)
1 onion, chopped upminced garlic (I add large wooden spoonful, but add to taste)
1 can diced tomatoes
2 large cans spaghetti sauce
2 tsp basil
2 tsp italian seasonings
2 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepperhot sauce (Franks Red Hot, to preference)
1/4 brown sugarparmesan cheese (to preference)
Optional: mushrooms, green peppers, black or green olives.

Also while it is simmering if you had 1 tsp baking soda it will take the acid out.

In skillet cook ground beef, onions, garlic, (mushrooms & green peppers), in a little olive oil until cooked. Drain. If using crockpot, put the mixture in the crcokpot and add all other ingrediants. If cooking on the stove, add all ingrediants and simmer. I usually simmer mine about 1 hour. If your using the crockpot, low 6 hrs or high 4 hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment